PRESENTING YOUR HOME FOR SALE
When it comes to selling or letting your home appearance is everything. We know what it takes to make your home look attractive which is why we’ve provided our useful top tips below on presenting your home for either selling or letting.
The first time most people will see your home will most likely be online so presenting your home for sale or to let is very important.
We go to great lengths to ensure your property looks as good as it can be by providing high-quality photographs taken by a professional photographer, professionally designed and produced colour brochures, inclusion on all major web sites Rightmove, Zoopla, Prime Locations, Nethouse Prices, Robert Alan Homes.com and any associated property portals.
Make Your Home Look Its Best
While we’ll do everything we can for presenting your home for sale in its best light, here are some tips you can use to help us market your property.
Make sure the front and rear gardens are clear and tidy, a garden is a very big part of either a sale or let, put things away, so be creative with the space.
Windows – make sure they are clean and sparkling.
Arrange furniture to increase a feeling of space.
Make sure all laundry is put away.
Kitchens and bathrooms – put away any clutter to help give your home that spacious feel.
Bedrooms – make sure all beds are made all clothes are put away, and floors are tidy so that potential buyers or renters can move around easily.
Put bikes in the garden – don’t leave any equipment in the home.
DIY- you may want to look around the home to see if there are any marks on walls, or handles that need re securing, or stains on floors, or carpets.
Furnishings ie curtains and blinds- make sure that all curtains and blinds work, as most perspective people try them when they are viewing.
If you are in doubt speak to one of our property agents before you carry out any DIY work, as sometimes maintenance may not need to be carried out.
Consider adding extra lighting and temporarily replace low wattage light bulbs with 100 watt bulbs to brighten up the room.
Paint the rooms in neutral colours.
Oil any squeeky doors.
Living Room Presentation Ideas
- Remove all unnecessary furniture and pull furniture away from the wall to give the impression of more space.
- Replace curtains with blinds.
- Group hanging photos together.
- Tuck cables away so they are not showing for electrical items.
- Remove old magazines that are lying around.
Kitchen Presentation Ideas
- Add a bowl of coloured fruit to give colour to the kitchen.
- If you can´t paint or update cabinets consider at least changing old knobs and hardware.
- Clear the clutter on work tops.
- If your sink is dated you could consider replacing it as this is a main feature of the kitchen.
Bedroom Presentation Ideas
- Make sure your wardrobe is tidy and clothes are stored away properly as buyers almost always look to check the size of the wardrobe.
- Make sure the bed is made.
- You might want to pull the bed away from the wall.
- Tidy away kids toys in the children´s bedrooms.
Bathroom Presentation Ideas
- Store away toiletry items, shampoo bottles, toothpastes etc
- Make sure there is no mold and replace sealants around the bath and sink.
- Make sure the bath and toilets are clean.
- Replace any old shower curtains with a neutral white one.
- Make sure the toilet seat is down.
Garden Presentation Ideas
- Cut the grass
- Don´t leave garden tools out.
- Sweep up leaves.
- Prune Shrubs.